We're celebrating 35 years of putting people over profit. Help us raise $35,000 and sign up 35 new Sustainers before the end of 2015. We won't be able to reach our goals without your support.
Grassroots Leadership has grown into a national civil and human rights organization based in Austin, TX fighting to end our country's addiction to mass incarceration, detention, and deportation. Every day, Grassroots Leadership works to expose and eliminate prison profiteering and advocate for policies that improve the lives of those in the criminal justice and immigration systems. Often, we're coming against for-profit prison companies with far more resources that we have.
Our tremendous staff, board, allies, volunteers, and donors like you make our work possible. Thank you for your help in putting people over profit and fighting to keep families together.
Your contribution will make a huge impact. Here are a few things your gift to Grassroots Leadership can help us achieve.
- $250 provides stipends to two new leaders participating in a Texas Advocates for Justice training.
- $500 pays for a Hutto Visitation Program orientation training and follow-up visits, which break the isolation of detention for immigrant women.
- $1,000 allows us to layout, print, and distribute ground-breaking reports that expose injustice and move policy-makers to pass informed, sound public policy.
- $5,000 pays for mobilizing more than 600 people to protest at a family detention camp, bringing national attention to the plight of families who are confined because of migration.
- $6,000 pays for us to produce films that highlight the stories of those most directly impacted by incarceration, detention, and deportation.