Grassroots Leadership seeks a People Operations / Administration Manager for the organization. The position will be responsible for processing administrative tasks, some accounting, bookkeeping, financial reports for the organization. This position reports directly to the Co-Executive Directors.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Establish and deliver a comprehensive orientation program to educate employees regarding benefits, technology tools, policies, and procedures
- Administer human resources tasks related to employee recruitment and enrollment in benefits and insurance;
- Supports ED’s by establishing a recruiting candidate selection and interviewing; conduct exit interviews, orienting, and training employees.
- Ensures planning, monitoring, appraisal of employee work results, discipline employees; hearing and resolving employee grievances; and conflict resolution with employees and supervisors.
- Enforces management guidelines by preparing, updating, and recommending human resource policies and procedures.
- Retains historical human resource records by designing a filing and retrieval system and keeping past and current records.
- Advances human resource staff job results by counseling and disciplining employees in accordance with the employee handbook; and planning, monitoring, and appraising job results through performance evaluations.
- Prepare reports for Co-Directors as needed
- Prepare & manage contracts for services & independent contractors
- Order supplies, mail run, answer phone
- Maintain building operations
Experience, Knowledge, and skills required:
- Experience in basic accounting and financial operations. Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with major coursework in accounting, finance, or a related field is generally preferred. Experience and education may be substituted for one another.
- Technologically savvy with experience selecting and overseeing software installations and managing relationships with software vendors; knowledge of HR and administrative software;
- Demonstrated strength in providing clear and efficient communications, ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in written form, internally & externally
- Very detail-oriented
- Ability to work in a supervisory and/or independent capacity
- Ability to work effectively with diverse grassroots staff and constituencies.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously; ability to plan, organize and control large amounts of work, ability to work independently with little or no supervision.
- Ability to maintain the utmost confidentiality and ethical standards
- Ability to work under deadlines, multiple interruptions, high volume and stressful times.
- Ability to perform reconciliation for accounts receivable and payable for discrepancies in accounts, bank statements and report findings to Directors and/or secondary auditor.
Strong Applicants also have:
- Experience working with nonprofits
- Previous human resources function(s)
- Bilingual: Spanish/English
- Sense of humor
More about the job:
This full-time, salaried position will be located in our Austin, Texas, office, at 3121 E. 12th Street, Austin, TX 78702.
Salary will be starting at $50,000.00 per year, with excellent Grassroots Leadership-paid benefits health, dental, vision, group life, AD&D, pension, vacation, sick leave and holidays.
The successful candidate will be trained by the Co-Executive Directors
About the organization:
Founded in 1980, Grassroots Leadership is a nationally recognized civil and human rights organization based in Austin, Texas working for a more just society where prison profiteering, mass incarceration, deportation, and criminalization are things of the past. We work to transform the justice and immigration systems through organizing, research, advocacy, and public education, building bridges between communities to increase the capacity of local leaders and coalitions, and mobilizing those most impacted by incarceration and deportation
Grassroots Leadership is an equal opportunity employer and does not to discriminate in employing staff, or selection of volunteers, on the basis of race, creed, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, justice involvement or conviction, veteran status, financial status or HIV status. Grassroots Leadership works affirmatively to build a staff and board that includes people of many different races, classes, genders, physical and mental abilities, ages and sexual orientations.
How to Apply:
Please send to HR@grassrootsleadership.org with PEOPLE’S OPERATION/ADMIN POSITION in subject line, in (.doc) or (.pdf) format:
- Letter of introduction
- Current resume/vitae
- Contact information and three professional references.
Questions about the position should also be directed to the same email address.