Grassroots Leadership seeks an Associate Finance Manager for the organization. The position will be responsible for processing and preparing all the accounting, bookkeeping and financial reports for the organization. This position reports directly to the Co-Executive Directors.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Process all accounting and bookkeeping using SAGE Business Works software
- Process and schedule bi-monthly payroll through Paycor online system
- Process all accounts, payable & receivable
- Make monthly adjustments, journal entries as needed for various grants, or funds.
- Run monthly financial reports: Statements of Activities, Financial Position, Cash Flow projections, Functional statement, etc.
- Prepare annual organizational budget and present to the Board of Directors for approval
- Manage grant balances and prepare grant financial reports as needed
- Prepare reports for Co-Executive Directors and Development Manager as needed
- Prepare and manage contracts for services and independent contractors
- Manage pension plan, health, dental insurance, and other fringe benefits, including making/scheduling monthly payments
- Prepare annual pension reports to the Department of Labor and any other reports needed
- Manage staff credit cards, including credit limits, new issues and terminations, monthly payments, and enter invoices in the accounting system
- Coordinate quarterly review with the outside CPA firm
Experience, Knowledge, and skills required:
- Experience in accounting and financial operations. Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with major coursework in accounting, finance, or a related field is generally preferred. Experience and education may be substituted for one another.
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles and procedures affecting the maintenance of accounting records and automated accounting systems as required by law. Strong computer proficiency, particularly Excel, Word, Google Docs; the ability to quickly learn and assimilate new systems and information.
- Demonstrated strength in providing clear and efficient communications, ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in written form, internally and externally
- Very detailed oriented
- Ability to work in a supervisory capacity
- Ability to work effectively with diverse Grassroots Leadership staff and constituencies
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously; ability to plan, organize and control large amounts of work, ability to work independently with little or no supervision.
- Ability to maintain the utmost confidentiality and ethical standards
- Ability to work under deadlines, multiple interruptions, high volume and stressful times
- Ability to perform reconciliation for accounts receivable and payable for discrepancies in accounts, bank statements and report findings to Co-Executive Directors and/or secondary auditor
Strong applicants also have:
- Experience working with non-profit organizations
- Bilingual: Spanish/English
- Sense of humor
More about the job:
This full-time, salaried position will be located in our Austin, Texas, office, at 3121 E. 12th Street, Austin, TX 78702.
Salary will be starting at $52,000 per year, with excellent Grassroots Leadership-paid benefits: health, dental, vision, group life, AD&D, pension, vacation, sick leave and holidays. The successful candidate will be trained by the Director of Finance & Administration.
About the organization:
Founded in 1980, Grassroots Leadership is a nationally recognized civil and human rights organization based in Austin, Texas working for a more just society where prison profiteering, mass incarceration, deportation, and criminalization are things of the past. We work to transform the justice and immigration systems through organizing, research, advocacy, and public education, building bridges between communities to increase the capacity of local leaders and coalitions, and mobilizing those most impacted by incarceration and deportation.
Grassroots Leadership is an equal opportunity employer and does not to discriminate in employing staff, or selection of volunteers, on the basis of race, creed, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, justice involvement or conviction, veteran status, financial status or HIV status. Grassroots Leadership works affirmatively to build a staff and board that includes people of many different races, classes, genders, physical and mental abilities, ages and sexual orientations.
How to Apply:
Please send to HR@grassrootsleadership.org with ACCOUNTING POSITION in the subject line, in (.doc) or (.pdf) format:
- Letter of introduction
- Current resume/vitae
- Contact information for three professional references
Questions about the position should also be directed to the same email address.