Grassroots Leadership seeks an Administration & Development Associate for our Austin office located at 2301 E. Cesar Chavez St, Austin, TX 78702. The position will be responsible for general office administration duties, management of Grassroots Leadership grant calendar, expansion of donor database and grassroots fundraising program, planning and coordination of Grassroots Leadership's office-wide events including fundraisers, staff trainings, retreats, board meetings, community gatherings and any other tasks assigned by the Executive Director, or supervisors.
Key Objectives of the Role:
- Ensure that the Grassroots Leadership office is functional and efficient both on and offline, in areas of office wide organziation, staff culture, and organizational development.
- Manage and grow the impact and reach of Grassroots Leadership individual donorship, sustainer program and grant funding.
- Coordinate and oversee office-wide events.
- Build strong organizational data and record-keeping culture and systems.
- Experience working with non-profits or community organizations.
- Extremely well organized.
- Attention to detail.
- Team player; ability to work effectively with diverse staff, donors and allies.
- Ability to adapt to rapidly changing situations.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Strong work ethic, honesty and willingness to go the extra mile.
- Computer skills including proficiency in Google docs, Microsoft Office & constituent managment systems.
Strong Applicants may also have:
- Bilingual written and oral proficiency in English & Spanish.
- Experience working with electronic data management.
- Experience fundraising for nonprofit organizations.
- Direct experience with incarceration, immigration detention or the incarceration or detention of a loved-one.
More about the job:
This full-time salaried position will be located in our Austin, TX office. Some travel within the city and occasional travel outside of the city or state may be required. Salary commensurate with experience and qualifications, ranging between $38,000-$42,000 per year with excellent benefits.
It is the policy of Grassroots Leadership not to discriminate in the employment of staff, or in the selection of volunteers, on the basis of race, creed, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, financial status or HIV status. Grassroots Leadership works affirmatively to build a staff and board that includes people of many different races, classes, genders, physical and mental abilities, ages and sexual orientations.
People of color, formerly incarcerated people, people who have experience with loved ones in prisons, deporatations or detention centers are encouraged to apply. We do not discourage or discriminate against people with convictions, and you will not be asked if you have ever been convicted of a crime on the application or interview.
Please send letter of introduction, resume/vitae, and three employment-related references to HR@grassrootsleadership.org with 'ADMINISTRATION ASSOCIATE' in the subject line. Include why this position is of interest to you. Questions about the position should also be directed the same email address.