Grassroots Leadership is seeking a full-time Development Manager for its Austin office located at 3121 E 12th St. The position will be responsible for building and leading Grassroots Leadership’s fundraising efforts. An ideal applicant will have the ability to work in a fast paced environment, be a self-starter, and have experience with base-building work.
This position typically reports to the Executive Director.
Key Objectives of the Role:
- Skillfully craft stories for funders and donors that center the directly impacted people who lead our work
- Maintain active and responsive relationships with our funders and donors
- Engage and empower staff and our base to have an active role in grassroots fundraising efforts
- Set strategic goals to increase and maintain Grassroots Leadership’s financial solvency and the Development team’s capacity
- Coordinate with organizational leadership to develop strategic proposals for funders and manage key funder relationships
- Cultivate and engage our grassroots sustainer base with specific engagement
- Plan and execute major fundraising projects at strategic times throughout the year
- Other duties as assigned
- 2-5 years of fundraising experience - including experience securing and managing foundation grants
- Commitment to creating alternatives to the criminal justice and immigration systems
- Moderate-high levels of technological literacy
- Excellent written, verbal, and communication skills
- Adaptable, flexible, and able to work with people from all walks of life
- Ability to self-manage and lead multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong applicants may also have
- Event planning experience
- Experience working with nonprofit and/or base-building organizations
- Bilingual written and oral proficiency in English & Spanish
- Experience working with Every Action (CRM)
- Direct experience with incarceration, immigrant detention or incarceration or detention of a loved one.
More about the job:
This salaried position will be located in our Austin office. Some travel within the city and occasional travel outside of the city or state may be required. The salary for this position will be $48,000 a year with full benefits. Full-time staff members are automatically enrolled in comprehensive health care plans, have flexible work schedules, and are able to take part in various employee benefits.
It is the policy of Grassroots Leadership not to discriminate in the employment of staff, or in the selection of volunteers, on the basis of race, creed, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, financial status or HIV status. Grassroots Leadership works affirmatively to build a staff and board that includes people of many different races, classes, genders, physical and mental abilities, ages and sexual orientations.
Grassroots Leadership is committed to investing in the leadership of people of color and formerly incarcerated people. People of color, formerly incarcerated people, people who have family in prisons or have been impacted by the immigration enforcement system, women, queer, and trans people are encouraged to apply. We do not discourage or discriminate against people with convictions, and you will not be asked if you have ever been convicted of a crime on the application or interview. Please feel free to mention your experience with the criminal justice or immigration system as those experiences will be considered as an asset in this job.
Please send a letter of introduction, resume/vitae, a development-related writing sample, and three employment-related references to HR@grassrootsleadership.org preferably by August 14th with “Development Manager” in the subject line. Please briefly tell us why this position is of interest to you. Questions about the position should be directed to the same email address.