Grassroots Leadership seeks a Content & Engagement Coordinator for the organization. The position will be responsible for data management, content creation, and donor cultivation. This position reports directly to the Communications Manager and Development Manager.
Essential duties and responsibilities
- Graphic and digital design skills for inhouse creation of content such as social media graphics, graphs, newsletter, banners, business cards, etc
- Regular social media content creation
- Updating social media editorial calendar
- Tracking social media engagement
- Regular clean up of database for sustainers and donors
- Supporting in donor cultivation and retention
- Increase regular communication with sustainers and donors through email and/or letters
- End-of-year fundraising planning
Experience, Knowledge, and skills required
- Criminal justice / immigration experience, knowledge or impact
- Demonstrated strength in providing clear and efficient communications, ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in written form, internally & externally
- CRM knowledge
- Highly organized, open to feedback, quick, and adaptive are priorities
- Experience with digital organizing
- Ability to navigate Canva or other graphic design software
- Strong computer proficiency, particularly Excel, Word, Google Docs; the ability to quickly learn and assimilate new systems and information
- Very detail-oriented
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously; ability to plan, organize and control large amounts of work, ability to work independently with little or no supervision
- Ability to maintain the utmost confidentiality and ethical standards
- Ability to work under deadlines, multiple interruptions, high volume and stressful times
- Ability to work effectively with diverse Grassroots Leadership staff and constituencies
Strong applicants also have:
- Customer or client service
- Experience working with media
- Strong social media presence
- Experience working with nonprofit organizations
- Sense of humor
More about the job:
This full-time, salaried position is located in Austin, Texas, office, at 3121 E. 12th Street, Austin, TX 78702
Salary will be starting at $45,000.00 per year, with excellent Grassroots Leadership-paid benefits including health, dental, vision, group life, AD&D, pension, vacation, sick leave and holidays.
The successful candidate will be trained by the Communications Manager and Development Manager.
About the organization:
Founded in 1980, Grassroots Leadership is a nationally recognized civil and human rights organization based in Austin, Texas working for a more just society where prison profiteering, mass incarceration, deportation, and criminalization are things of the past. We work to transform the justice and immigration systems through organizing, research, advocacy, and public education, building bridges between communities to increase the capacity of local leaders and coalitions, and mobilizing those most impacted by incarceration and deportation.
Grassroots Leadership is an equal opportunity employer and does not to discriminate in employing staff, or selection of volunteers, on the basis of race, creed, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, justice involvement or conviction, veteran status, financial status or HIV status. Grassroots Leadership works affirmatively to build a staff and board that includes people of many different races, classes, genders, physical and mental abilities, ages and sexual orientations.
How to Apply:
Please send to HR@grassrootsleadership.org with CONTENT AND ENGAGEMENT COORDINATOR in the subject line, in (.doc) or (.pdf) format:
Letter of introduction / Cover letter
Contact information and three professional references.
Questions about the position should also be directed to the same email address.